Sunday 23 October 2011

My First Impressions.

I have played Counter Strike: Source for over a quarter of my life. It has played a major role in my youth and I truly love the game and the community it carries.

When I first heard about Global Offensive a tear was nearly shed, I spent the following days eagerly awaiting more information. It was then announced that CS:GO would be playable at the Eurogamer Expo in London. ( I have never bought a ticket for an event so quickly). Overall the Expo was great but I only had one thing on my mind.

Finally I was in the queue talking with Chet faliszek (writer at Valve Software) whilst leaning over shoulders trying to catch a clearer view. The game was only available to play on the PS3 which was a little disappointing but understandable. The controls were extremely difficult and awkward to control and they were not as fluid as MW3 or BF3 for example. Each person only had about 10 minutes of gaming so it was hard to get used to the controls in this short time. The layout on the controller was very random, for instance: R1 was change weapon and circle was scope.

Overall the game looked great, the textures where much more detailed than CSS and the movement and firing animations looked fantastic. Overall CS:GO is shaping up to be a great step forward for the counter strike series, however I will definitely be sticking with the PC version.

No comments:

Post a Comment